Research Software Hour intro tune can be found at: https://soundcloud.com/w-m-vanvliet/research-software-hour-intro-tune
- Licence CC-BY, feel free to remix and make better
- Note: Quality is very bad because of how we played it, we need
solve this for next time.
Nice that you are back! My question is: Does this git graph command work always? Or does it need special packages on the host cluster, please?
- It's an alias, it adds some extra options to "git log" so always works. Well, maybe not on very old git, but all the options are pretty old.
Rebase means just to attach a branch somewhere else to the head, please? Or at least at another position of the main (?) branch, please?
- Yes, basically transplanting part to another. As you might expect you can do lots of different things...
Does it have to be always main or could it be also another branch?
- ... like attach it to a different branch, different commit, etc. There are
--onto options, and
branch. More than anything I learned about it by playing with it some.
- any branch,
git rebase somebranch means move commits from my current branch which are not on