RSH 21: OBS (Open broadcaster software)
OBS for teaching and other purposes.
Collaborative notes taken during the session
Open Broadcaster Software
- Can we discuss file formats and containers for saving audio/video files in general, and in OBS context in particular.
- outputs into standard container formats
- originally used mp4 but complicated file recovery if computer crashes
- these days using mov format (but same problem as above)
- mkv: unsure whether it can make trouble with YouTube upload
- important to note: container formats and encoding formats can be handled separately
- Rate control:
- for streaming - constant bit rate is recommended (to be confirmed)
- CRF - constant rate factor - a variable bitrate that is adjusted to make sure that quality is constant, good for recording (think filesize)
- recommendations: https://coderefinery.github.io/manuals/obs/#basic-configuration
On twitch - couldn't hear Radovan, also audio is now having a white noise (after attaching the midi controller)
thanks for the note and sorry for the troubles
You probably saw it already: it is possible to control scenes and such without an external midi-controller, in the settings via key-bindings.